Like any workout you do, keeping your form correct throughout the whole routine is important to not only make your workout more efficient but to also prevent injury. Here are the 5 most common calisthenics mistakes which are common especially for those who are new to bodyweight training:
- Practicing hard moves before building strength
- Using bad range of motion
- Using kipping and momentum
- Not adding eccentric to the movements
- Using too many exercises and changing the program too often
Calisthenics is like any other exercise routine – you would have to build your strength a little bit at a time and starting with basic exercises before you move onto more complex moves. If you find yourself doing any of these, don't worry! Learn more about the common mistakes in the video below and keep in mind that progress takes time. Good luck with your training!